If you are interested in having your child attend River Song School, please schedule a time to take a tour by emailing us. We want to make sure that River Song School is the best match for you and your child. Tours are offered some Saturday mornings at 9 am.
River Song Montessori, Inc. is a non-profit, non-denominational, tax-exempt organization incorporated in the State of Oregon. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, gender, income, marital status or sexual orientation in the administration of our educational policies, admissions or Board membership policies, employment, financial programs and other school-administered programs.
River Song School operates year round, Monday through Friday. Closures follow The Bend La Pine School District’s schedule, with the exception of summer break.
- Toddler Program (ages 2-3)
- Half-Day: 8:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
- Full-Day: 8:30 a.m.-3:15 p.m.
- 4 or 5 day schedules available.
- Primary Program (ages 3–6)
- 8:30 a.m.–3:15 p.m.
- 4 or 5 day schedules available.
- Summer Elementary Program (ages 6–9) 8:30 a.m.–3:15 p.m.
- Primary & Toddler After School Programs (3:15–5:30 p.m.)
- Primary & Toddler Morning Care (7:30 a.m.-8:30 a.m.)
To secure a spot: Please make a non-refundable Enrollment Fee of $150, a Tuition Deposit of $350, and $100 Materials Fee. The tuition deposit will apply to your first month’s tuition. Payments can be made by check or via PayPal. You will receive an invoice prior to your child’s first day that includes any remaining tuition due.
Beginning with the 2017-2018 school year, students in the toddler program will be expected to attend 4 or 5 days. Waiting list position will be based on both date of application submission and attendance, with priority given to full time students. The former 3 day rates are published for the benefit of our families grandfathered under the prior policy.
River Song School accepts financial subsidies to make the program accessible to all. If you are interested in learning more, please contact us.
All River Song families are required to volunteer a minimum of 10 hours per year or pay the $100 Community Service Fee. Volunteer hours can be gained by preparing materials, supporting fundraising and events, volunteering in the classroom at in-class celebrations, or by presenting to students on a cultural or scientific topic.
Schedule changes should be made in writing 30 days in advance. Withdrawals from school require a 30 day notice and a $250 withdrawal fee. Please see our Parent Handbook for more information.
When enrolling children, we do our best to balance ages and genders in the classroom and consider the child and his or her classmates when deciding on the best placement. For this reason, we also try to avoid placing siblings in the same classroom so each can grow independently with an opportunity to establish themselves in their own space. We are usually unable to accommodate requests for a particular classroom or teacher, but encourage you to let us know if you have any questions or concerns. We will also try to avoid making changes to a child’s classroom in order to offer the greatest consistency possible and will keep children in their same Primary classroom each year at River Song. If you are wishing to make a change, please first meet with your child’s teacher to discuss your concerns, then meet with Robin if more support is needed.
Please download, read, and return these documents to complete your child’s enrollment.
- Download the Parent Handbook as a PDF file.
- Download the River Song Enrollment Form as a PDF file.
- Download the Primary Tuition 2017-2018 or our Toddler Tuition Rates 2017-2018 as a PDF file.
- Download the Immunization Form as a PDF file.
- Download the River Song 2016 2017 Calendar as a PDF file. The 2017-2018 Calendar will be available by April.
All students must have the following checklist items filled out and submitted to the school office:
- Enrollment Form
- Immunization Records
- Materials Fee – $100
- Enrollment Fee – $150
- Tuition Deposit – $350 (applies to first month’s tuition)
Please bring the following items on your first day:
- Inside shoes (slippers with grips, crocs, Toms, or similar)
- Lunch (with ice pack and water bottle, if possible)
- Full change of clothes (underwear, socks, pants, shirt – please feel free to send additional pants and undies if you think your child may need them!) Oak students should also bring diapers or pull-ups and wipes, if appropriate).
- If your child is enrolled Full Day, please also send a soft blanket or small stuffed animal for rest time
For tax purposes, our EIN is 27-5509405.